Been working hard last week on a decently-impactful update for you Area 51 Raiders!
- [Physics] RAGDOLL DEATH – walk over the dead bodies of your fallen enemies. They’ll disappear after 35 seconds or so. They can pile up!
- [Gameplay] This one is fun: you’ll have to push the dead bodies out of the way to place new defenses. Bodies are only local for now, they only affect YOUR placements, not your teammates.
- [Gameplay/AI] Added obstacle components to barricade-type defenses – attackers will attempt to circumnavigate but still attack at a deprioritized level. It seems a little more realistic – some of the AI will go around and some will stay and attack the barricade defense. Plan accordingly
- Optimized networking AI Controller target finding
- Optimized networking attacker/killer finding
- Added some fx Free maps Gate
- Added some fx to Moon Base
- Added Fx First National
- Added FX and details to Final Stand Map
- Fixed more map issues with falling through floors for maps:
- Updated Pathfinding library to latest versions
- [Bug] Fixed turrets continuing to aim at dead bodies. It was cruel
- [Bug] Fixed AI getting stuck on top of buildables in most cases
- [Bug] Fixed units on top of walls in most cases
- Music rotation – every round the background music will rotate one of 11 epic battle tracks
There’s more coming in the next two weeks as well.
B. Michael B.